- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The Ice Factory is looking for a new team of Guest Service and Café team members to give our guest knock your socks off service.
Our ideal Guest Service Team member is energetic, interactive, and genuine. You must love working with kids and adults of all ages – experience herding cats is preferred but not required.
You’ll spend your shift helping our guests get the right skates, tied just right, giving some beginner tips (we’ll train you), showing guests the way around our building, and keeping our facility immaculately clean. We do all this while having a blast interacting with our guests and fellow team members during our public skating sessions.
Don’t know how to skate? That’s quite alright. These positions you’ll help our guests get out to the ice, but in these roles, you don’t need to know how to skate.
To help you along the way, you’ll have our supportive management team to ensure you have everything you need to succeed. All you need to provide is a good work ethic and upbeat personality mixed with a healthy dose of fun.
- No skating experience required – but you’ll get plenty of ice time while you’re here and we’ll help you learn if you want to.
- Flexible schedules for students
- Continuous training to help you improve and build new skills
- Opportunity for growth
- Positive work environment
- Make a positive difference for every guest
- Have your best customer voice on for every interaction
- Treat every guest with kindness and respect
- Learn the Ice Factory programs and be able to explain them forwards, backwards, and standing on your head with a smile
- Ensure that the rink is always clean and presentable – we only want to see pictures of cleanliness in our IG tags!
- Provide families with an experience they’ll remember forever (for a good reason)
- Always be ready to answer questions in person or on the phone, even when they’re easy to Google
- Always be dressed in your uniform, ideally clean and not wrinkled from the floor of your bedroom
- Always carry a radio with a headset so you can stay up to date on the latest gossip
- Always be pleasant, courteous, and helpful, even if you’re having a bad day
- Always be outgoing and friendly, but still staying on task
- Always have fun, but not too much fun
- Training experiences and programs
- Team-building events and meetings
- Support for personal, professional, and academic endeavors
- Valuable work experience and skills
- Lots of ice time
- Oh, and a paycheck, but that’s not why you’re here, right?